Saturday

Eyes of the beholder


Devoted food bloggers would rather be behind the lens than in front of it and I am no exception. Was fooling around with the camera this weekend (I'm a real social butterfly like that!) and took this picture (see above).

Yes I have a mirror in my kitchen! Its great entertainment :-D The apartments I've lived in have had such interesting kitchens! Back in Bombay, everything was custom-made. The apartments in grad school were old war horses - scarred by our collective culinary adventures. I cannot count the number of times I got carried away chatting with S and suddenly there was cloud of black soot wafting into the room. Lets just say I'm the burnt-smell consultant. Call me if you need me!

The current apartment is charming and I have gotten much advice about how to arrange the kitchen, most of which I have cheerfully ignored! In my apartment hunting days, I even came across a condo with no dishwasher in the kitchen but a mirror above the kitchen sink!!

I'd like to share this one with Ilva for the kitchen roundup!

11 comments:

Ilva said...

Thanks for the glimpse of your kitchen!

FH said...

Great photo with all those reflections!:))
Mirrors above the kitchen?! Wonder why?!:D Enjoy!

ServesYouRight said...

Thanks Ilva - looking forward to the round-up :-)

Asha!!! (rolling my eyes :-D

Krithika said...

Cute post and a nice pic!

Bong Mom said...

The pic is really great, mirror is a great idea, you get to reflect on your cooking :)

burekaboy — said...

you're now the 2nd person i've just read about with a mirror in your kitchen! never even thought about that concept.

a mirror over the sink?? why???

ServesYouRight said...

Thanks Krithika!

Sandeepa - well said!!

BB - To be honest, I think the apartment manager person just wanted a washable surface behind the sink. The tenants got creative and decided it was a good opportunity for some me-time! My mirror story is longer and will save it for another time :-)

Anjali Koli said...

The jar set has made it picture perfect oh ya and the mirror.

ServesYouRight said...

Anjali - Thank you! I LOVED the picture of your aunt's kitchen. Thal reminds me of 'Village by the Sea' :-)

Sally said...

That's cheating!! You didn't really show us your kitchen. Come on - pony up! LOL

ServesYouRight said...

Sally - Careful what you wish for! (Go hawkeyes!)